You may have heard the term digital marketing, but you might not be entirely sure what it means or encompasses. According to Investopedia, digital marketing refers to ‘the use of digital channels to market products and services in order to reach consumers. This type of marketing involves the use of websites, mobile devices, social media, search engines and other similar channels. Digital marketing became popular with the advent of the internet in the 1990s’ [source].
As the world becomes increasingly digital and people rely on technology more than ever, having a digital marketing strategy to attract, retain and engage customers is crucial. Statistics show that there are around 5 billion internet users worldwide, so you’re missing out if your business doesn’t have a digital marketing strategy.
There are many different channels for digital marketing, including social media marketing, search engine optimisation (SEO), pay-per-click advertising, content marketing, email marketing and affiliate marketing. Let’s take a look.
- Social Media Marketing – social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok allow businesses to connect with customers, target new ones, engage with customers, and use various platforms and forms of content to do so
- Search Engine Optimisation influences how easy it is to find your content online when a potential customer uses a search engine such as Google. It involves links, keywords, search engine marketing, on and off-page SEO, and so much more
- Pay-per-click (PPC) Advertising allows businesses to show their adverts when customers use a search engine, but they only pay for the advert if someone clicks on it. This can be a great way to reach new customers at a competitive price
- Content Marketing refers to creating any content that can be distributed online, including emails, webinars, social media posts, eBooks, blog posts, videos, and so much more. When done well, content marketing helps boost SEO and can make a huge difference to marketing campaigns
- Email Marketing is how brands deliver their marketing messages to a group of people who have subscribed to their email list. This is a great way to connect with, communicate with, and sell to people who are already interested in your brand or products and can be invaluable when used correctly
Digital Marketing is a rapidly changing field, and it’s essential to stay updated with new developments, trends, and changes. As a dedicated Digital Marketing Agency, we know everything there is to know about successfully creating integrated Digital Marketing strategies that help our clients reach more customers. We have already helped hundreds of companies achieve their business goals and are here to help you. Find out more by calling our friendly and helpful team on 0800 955 0499 or fill in our online contact form.